Developer Update #1 | Issues & ban appeals guide

Hello! I am here with a little forum update to tell you what’s going on. First of all, I would like to welcome all the new people that have (and still are) arriving to the forums from the “Hytale’s BlockShot Network - 5 Month Update” video. Make yourself at home and feel free to message me directly about anything. Glad to have you here with us, but let me tell you this is just the beginning. :smiley:

I am going to start with the recent maintenance we undertook on the forums. For a few days, we were experiencing problems with our SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) which was not playing nice with the forums. The end result of the issue was the forum not sending any emails which presented a big problem for us. If anyone tried to create a forum account during this timeframe your activation email would simply never arrive!

We were able to figure out the cause of the problem, and thanks to the superb skill and dedication of one of our Developers and now Website Administrators @Lewis, the issue has now been resolved and the forum is once again capable of sending any required emails.

In other news, we are now going to move on and work on other sections of the website such as the “About us” page and getting the BlockShot Wiki infrastructure in place. This is likely to be a lengthy process and we will update you with a nice blog once we have something to show you. In the meantime, we are more than happy to hear your suggestions and fix any annoying bugs you happen to find (although finding bugs might be a little bit harder this time :wink: ).

Either Way, The feedback category is the perfect place for this and I encourage you to make full use of the suggestions voting system. Our CFM team will be keeping an eye out for any good ideas you can present to us.

Finally, we have completed a brand new webpage that we hope you will never have to use! :smile:
The ban appeals page is now up and running and is already capable of processing appeals. If, for whatever reason, you need to use this webpage we have compiled a guide about it here to assist in the process. You can also find it in the Information category alongside the how to apply for staff guide.

That’s all I have to say! hope you found something interesting or useful in this little update. I shall return with another once I have some more mildly interesting things to say. Goodbye!

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Nice update!